PsyGuy wrote:
> @Lastname_Z
>
> I dont see that happening. First, your going to have embassy kids. Second,
> just because a task can be done remotely doesnt mean its the optimal way of
> doing it.
>
> Most expats arent rich, not by western standards, they are well off and
> have some affluence, but for the most part rich doesnt describe it.

I am not talking about western standards. I am talking about the standards of whatever developing/newly industrialized country the expat is in (e.g. China, Thailand, India, etc).

And in the case of remote vs. not remote. There are now way more educated locals in a country than there was in the past. Many of them can do what an expat can for less money.

There aren't enough embassy kids to fill out all the international schools that currently exist (even just the Tier 1 IS).
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Lastname_Z

That makes a difference, but not one I find very persuasive. In all those regions yo list the parents of the students are often much more affluent than any IT.

Many of those educated host nationals got that education through western edu and that started with IE.

No, there arent thats true, but because of embassies and various other national missions, youre always going to have a need for IE, but IE is more and more comprised of host nationals than they are corporate families and students.
Lastname_Z

Re: Competitiveness in 2020

Post by Lastname_Z »

I agree with everything you said. I never thought that IE is finished and host nationals will be a key driver of IE in the future.

I was just saying that I think Tier 1/2 schools (that primarily cater to expats) will struggle with enrolment during Covid and the post-Covid transition. However, it might also be the case that these schools will simply get filled with locals.