Advice on teacher accreditation

Bigcat133

Advice on teacher accreditation

Post by Bigcat133 »

Hi all,

I know this has been asked about ad nauseam, however I wanted to ask as my situation is a little different than others.

As an Australian, I have a Masters of Education leadership and Bachelors in Business Degrees. I’ve been working in early years and elementary divisions in China. I would like to get a proper teaching credential so can more marketable at intl schools worldwide. I’ve heard of Teacher Now and the MA provisional credentials. I’d like to get one that can be done online and is accepted in Asia and hopefully other countries. For instance I’ve heard HK is requiring teachers to have a university supervised module in order to work there.

As current COVID conditions, borders still closed and likelihood of schools preferring to hire in country. Which would be the best in terms of my nationality and other specifics.

Thanks
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

HK is one of the regions with an asterisk when it comes to mutual recognition.

The best, going back to AUS and getting full registration, if HK is your destination that will absolutely work. TN changed its name to Moreland University, whether the HK MOE recognizes that as Uni supervised field experience is soviet roulette probability, my coins against it.
Next to that the AO route to QTS, if its TN, a skills pathway or MA, an assessment based pathway, neither difference really matters. The MA route is faster and less resource intensive, you dont have to do PD. TN gets you a more mobile and accepted credential, but it costs more in both time, resources and coin and you have to do PD to renew it.