COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

sciteach

Re: COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

Post by sciteach »

@jboeh2

How about the best of both worlds. Could they write that the position is no longer available so there has been a mutual agreement between the two to leave???
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

Still pondering things. Generally happy in my school, wife less so in hers, and we'd originally planned to move on at the end of the 21/22 session. But at the same time, neither of our jobs is likely to disappear, and part of me thinks it might just make sense to sit in the educational version of the Winchester with a nice cool pint and wait until this all blows over (probably by the end of 2022.)

Fortunately job is signed and sealed for next year, so no problems on that front!
Helen Back

Post by Helen Back »

I have yet to arrive at my 2020 post. I am not alone.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@sciteach

How is that the best of both worlds? The position isnt available anymore, thats the original scenario. How is it mutual, did the IT and leadership decide together that the position should be dissolved? A pandemic happened, the position has been dissolve unilaterally within the context of a fiscal exigency, the position doesnt exist anymore, whats wrong with that?

@Helen Back

Pretty large group actually.
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

@ Psyguy

It basically means that both left on amicable terms due to extenuating circumstances (aka - COVID). It's really just a discussion on semantics - which is a 0.1/10 level of importance to most at the moment.....
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@sciteach

How was it amicable, it doesnt sound amicable? The ITs position dissolved and the IT was left without a chair when the music stopped, jut because theres not much the IT can do about it doesnt make it amicable or mutual.
kyoushi

Post by kyoushi »

I’m wondering if we have passed the peak of the hiring season now? I know a lot of teachers who would have moved but decided to stay, from other accounts there are less job postings this year. Thoughts?
Chickpea0000

Post by Chickpea0000 »

Helen Back wrote:
> I have yet to arrive at my 2020 post. I am not alone.

Can I ask what country?
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic »

kyoushi wrote:
> I’m wondering if we have passed the peak of the hiring season now? I know a
> lot of teachers who would have moved but decided to stay, from other
> accounts there are less job postings this year. Thoughts?

I know that my school in Western Europe filled vacancies in January for the next school year. Normally they wait several months later, but did it in January because of some worry in HR about visas in the current (COVID) climate.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@kyoushi

Yes its past peak hiring season, but there will likely be more global vacancies open then usual in the Spring when the EU peak hits.