Principal Contract Dates

triptix

Principal Contract Dates

Post by triptix »

We are trying to persuade our school board to issue contracts to principals earlier in the year, rather than in May/June- please can you private message me if you are a principal with when you are normally issued with your contract and your school name if possible. I need to show evidence this is best practice rather than some crazy idea I have just thought of
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

PMs are disabled on the public (this) forum. Theres a way to list an email address that others could use to contact you through, but that would have some anonymity issues.
A few emails contacts though arent likely to be very persuasive. Contact SA (Search), they have hosted a leadership fair around November in the past, ask them (in email) how many leadership are offered and execute contracts at that time. Thats should give you more impressive an authoritative data.
inmortus

Re: Principal Contract Dates

Post by inmortus »

I have to agree with PsyGuy on this one.

Even if PMs were allowed in this forum. Would your "supporting data" be anonymous messages from an online forum? (i.e. "As you can clearly see, dragon555 says she got her contract in May..."). If you were willing to simply state that you asked around and were told that, you might as well say that independently of whether you have anonymous messages supporting those claims... It would be an equally poor argument...
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

triptix wrote:
> We are trying to persuade our school board to issue contracts to principals
> earlier in the year, rather than in May/June- please can you private
> message me if you are a principal with when you are normally issued with
> your contract and your school name if possible. I need to show evidence
> this is best practice rather than some crazy idea I have just thought of

How would this strengthen your argument?
You're not going to get a very long list probably, and they might use that against you.
Perhaps you should tell us what arguments you used to try and persuade your board, so that we can add to that and help you build a more convincing case.
sid

Post by sid »

My leadership contracts have always been renewed much earlier, between September and January for the next academic year.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I signed my contract in November of both years (different leadership positions).
triptix

Post by triptix »

Thanks all- we are telling the board is considering how difficult it has been to secure good teachers this year due to the border closure it makes good sense to ensure that your principals are committed for the following 2 years. There are other arguments we are using including that staff like to know that the person they are renewing with is the person who will still be there next year. By renewing contracts late they are breaking the terms of the contract as the latest date it should be done is in March and many of us got our contracts at the end of June. I'll write to Search Associates as well. Thank you all for your feedback.
sid

Post by sid »

If your school is in PTCnet you can ask there what renewal timelines look like in different schools. That way you reach verifiable leaders in established schools.