PGCEi or TeachNow - I'm Latin American following my French husband.

amma220

PGCEi or TeachNow - I'm Latin American following my French husband.

Post by amma220 »

I currently live in Japan and work in a 3 tier International School. I have 2 years experience in a 2 tier IS in India. I work with Kindergarten but have a few months of experience teaching Spanish in IB and IGCSE - I loved it.. payment :(

My bachelor's: Business but never practised. I will move next year to another country, Mexico, Brazil.. It all depends on my husband's job. For sure it won't be the USA or UK.

So now I am wondering.... What should I do? I might not be a teacher forever (especially lower grades) but If I can get into a better quality work environment for the following years I would like to obtain a training certification or something of that sort.

PGCEi Nottingham or Sheffield (~4k GBP) or International Postgraduate Certificate of Education (iPGCE) with the University of Derby (~2.6k GBP)

Teach Now ?

Those courses with a practical module are out of the question for me as nobody can become my mentor in my current school.

I believe I am not ready to get a Masters. I might want to be in the admin part of education in the long term but ... who knows?

As you could see, I am not an English Native Speaker and many doors, at least in Japan, have been closed.

Thanks for any advice, comment or light you can bring to this!
PsyGuy

Inquiry

Post by PsyGuy »

So what are you asking?
Heliotrope

Re: Inquiry

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> So what are you asking?

It's in the title of her topic: PGCEi or Teach Now?
Although she sort of dismisses Teach Now already it seems.
s0830887

Re: PGCEi or TeachNow - I'm Latin American following my French husband.

Post by s0830887 »

I graduated from Teach Now. We were told that if you don't have someone at your school who can mentor you through the practical, they will arrange someone in the US to mentor you remotely, so don't discount that possibility. I don't know much about the PGCEi though I have generally heard good things about the course itself. I don't know that one is better-regarded than the other; they're both alternate routes to certification, just from different countries.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

A PGCEi will generally not directly result in the award of a credential, such as QTS.