Teach Now or iTeach? Which will allows to get a QTS?

Boomba

Teach Now or iTeach? Which will allows to get a QTS?

Post by Boomba »

Hello all,

1 - Teach Now or iTeach? I recently read about it.

2 - Any feedback about the training and its lenght?

3 - Among the options, which State certification is the most prestigious (especially abroad), and the one closest to lead to a permanent license without any PD to do anymore? (CA Clear for example)

4 - Which one will allow me to get a QTS?

5 - Did I miss something?

Thanks.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I dont really understand what your looking for, your inquiries are so broad.

You read about iTeach and Teach Now, what do you want to know? The biggest difference like most of the skills based pathways differ in the field experience. They both provide an online learning component with a field experience component. iTeach offers an option for a 1 year paid internship (you have to find it yourself) or clinical teaching which is about 3 months (12-14 weeks), whereas Teach Now has a 12 week internship. In an internship your the TOR (Teacher Of Record), its your class. Clinical teaching much like student teaching your shadowing and observing a DT daily. You are basically a TA (Teaching Assistant). iTeach is cheaper (USD$3750 vs. US$6000). Different iTeach programs vary on what subject areas they cover. DC for example has a relatively small number, Texas offers a relatively large number of areas.

iTeach tends to take itself a little more seriously than Teach Now. Teach Now is generally shorter because iTeach participants typically choose the full 1 year internship, but with clinical teaching through iTeach you can get done in 6 months potentially less, depending on timing, which would be shorter than Teach Now.

Probably a wash between HI and DC, DC being the nations capital and HI using WASC.

Likely none of them. Just because you complete an EPP/ITT program doesnt make you eligible for a credential. You could do Teach Ready out of FL for example or iTeach out of FL and all youll get as a non-citizen is a eligibility letter. It still leaves you with essentially DC or HI, those are the two STates that will credential non-citizens. Both of those states require PD to renew and as a non-citizen there arent many reciprocity options.

By the time you complete, none of them will get you QTS. Its still basically HI and DC and unless you do field experience in the US which youre likely to have to do as neither iTeach program is set up for doing field work OS. So you would have to find a DS in those regions thats willing to sponsor you for a work visa.