My post is gone?

jmods

My post is gone?

Post by jmods »

Strange, I posted a while back asking about how the Pandemic had made people feeling regarding being overseas and maybe making people think about putting on hold international teaching to go back home for a while......and there were quite a few replies but all of a sudden, the post has been deleted or simply disappeared?!

Any ideas??

I changed my password just in case but wondering what could have happened?
Heliotrope

Re: My post is gone?

Post by Heliotrope »

I noticed at least one more topic has been deleted.
Maybe @admin disapproved of some of the things said in these two topics?
Nexttrip

Post by Nexttrip »

Heliotrope wrote:
> I noticed at least one more topic has been deleted.
> Maybe @admin disapproved of some of the things said in these two topics?

If that's true, wouldn't good forum etiquette dictate that that the moderators should provide a brief explanation of why a thread was deleted? I have a feeling, though, at most, we'll get the ominous and vague "thread breached forum rules" message.
secondplace

Post by secondplace »

Probably because it turned into a thread about the ethics of signing multiple contracts...

Apologies if me calling out people for doing that contributed to the thread being taken down. But I do think that we need to call out dishonest practices even if the people posting such things are almost certainly trolling.

Your initial question was interesting and timely and had some thoughtful initial replies.
TheHuman

Post by TheHuman »

I reported a post from 3jobsperyear to the admin because I thought he was being a troll and encouraging unethical behavior. I didn't mean for the entire post to get taken down.
jmods

Post by jmods »

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it was annoying that someone hijacked it to talk about agreeing to go on several contracts - definitely not me!

I checked my email and there was a message from admins saying it had been taken down because of a troll, shame as there were some good replies.

Thanks
Nexttrip

Post by Nexttrip »

[quote=jmods post_id=59132 time=1591417627 user_id=119106]
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it was annoying that someone hijacked it to talk about agreeing to go on several contracts - definitely not me!

I checked my email and there was a message from admins saying it had been taken down because of a troll, shame as there were some good replies.

Thanks
[/quote]

Yeah, definitely a case of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater."
michfro

Post by michfro »

Yeah, sorry I fed the troll but one posters behaviour had to be called out.

It is interesting and topical - why not start again?
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

michfro wrote:
> Yeah, sorry I fed the troll but one posters behaviour had to be called out.

Same here, I think I was the one foolish enough to start feeding him. I have poor impuls control, sorry.
His membership has also been revoked it seems, since since he's missing from the members list.