Admin role

Heliotrope

Re: Admin role

Post by Heliotrope »

Nexttrip wrote:
> “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.”
>
> ― Ricky Gervais

I'm not saying I'm right about much more than that admins are people too and most are doing their best, and that the admin at my current school is quite excellent. And that not all schools have a surplus of admin.
Other than that there's a discussion about how things were phrased which spiralled out of control due to my own and @blinky's stubbornness.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Wow - Blinky is a snarky PG type! @ Finedude - You're definitely right about the 'career trajectory' and the 'professional experience'.

I, too, interpreted the OP along the same lines as Helio. My response was predicated along those lines. I am also familiar with schools where it is some teachers, not admin, who are not holding up their end. So maybe the question could be turned around, with COVID will the flab of technologically incompetent teachers be cut?

Bottom line is, unless there is a compelling reason, admin won't be cut. Many schools don't have admin 'flab' to cut. Same with teachers - at good schools, unless there is a compelling reason, teachers won't be cut. I know at my present school everybody has been told their jobs are secure - both old and new hires.
blinky

Post by blinky »

@ Shadowjack,

I enjoy your posts and have appreciated your wise advice over the years. You may think I am snarky, but I think you are a good man either way.

@Heliotrope,

you owe the OP an apology. The world doesn't revolve around your feelings and emotional outbursts.
sid

Post by sid »

This is possibly the most boring fight ever seen on this forum. Not even popcorn and a beer can save it.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

blinky wrote:
> @ Shadowjack,
>
> I enjoy your posts and have appreciated your wise advice over the years.
> You may think I am snarky, but I think you are a good man either way.
>
> @Heliotrope,
>
> you owe the OP an apology. The world doesn't revolve around your feelings
> and emotional outbursts.

Thanks Blinky. It just seems that in this thread your posts are, I don't know, a bit more extreme? That's not the word, but it seems there is a bite to them. Hard to explain. Usually it's PG who gets the bit in his teeth and won't let go! LOL
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

This forum has a number of leadership cheerleaders.

I dont see a lot of leadership shedding happening.