Taxes/Stimulus Checks/David Wisdom

Bellarex

Taxes/Stimulus Checks/David Wisdom

Post by Bellarex »

Hi all.. an American here trying to navigate the stimulus check situation while being an expat. I’m back in the states now, but my address on my 2018 taxes was my foreign address. As well, I didn’t give my bank information. I can’t seem to get into the stimulus check tracker because it says my information doesn’t match theirs. Not sure what to do.. any suggestions?

In the interim, I’ve been trying to file my 2019 taxes and wanted to go through the same guy I’ve been using for a few years now - David Wisdom - but can’t seem to get ahold of him. I know he does this for a lot of international teachers. Has anyone heard from him in a while? He’s usually pretty prompt, but I even tried calling his phone and the number has been disconnected. Any info would be awesome. Thanks!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

File a 2019 return using one of the big online tax software programs (Turbo Tax, H&R Block).
Psychometrika

Re: Taxes/Stimulus Checks/David Wisdom

Post by Psychometrika »

I filed 2019 two weeks ago and used my mail forwarding address in the US. The site previously said there was an error but now says it will mail my check on May 1st. It did not give me an option to add my bank information sadly, so I hope I will be able to remotely deposit the check with my US banking app.
Nexttrip

Re: Taxes/Stimulus Checks/David Wisdom

Post by Nexttrip »

Psychometrika wrote:
> I filed 2019 two weeks ago and used my mail forwarding address in the US.
> The site previously said there was an error but now says it will mail my
> check on May 1st. It did not give me an option to add my bank information
> sadly, so I hope I will be able to remotely deposit the check with my US
> banking app.

My situation is exactly like psychometrika. My check is due to be mailed out to my U.S. address on May 1st. Filed 3 weeks ago... I live abroad but use a relative's address as my U.S. address.