Masters in Education

chemteacher101

Re: Masters in Education

Post by chemteacher101 »

Totally agree. That's why I suggested the English-taught one from UCJC in Spain. Last I checked it was about 5-6000 USD, takes 1 year, and is fully accredited... It's a strange but interesting middle point between UoP and a more "traditional" offering.
fine dude

Re: Masters in Education

Post by fine dude »

Since people asked for a degree that is recognized, yet affordable in IT, I mentioned it. I know heads of schools who have degrees from there and who hired faculty with similar ones. You can save that amount in a year if it fetches you a solid job. Of course, as I mentioned in my first response, any properly accredited one will do.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

The rule is unless a Uni is a Global Ivy, (and its not a diploma mill) than a masters is a masters is a masters.

UPe is a very reasonably priced masters at USD$2660, its the cheapest program you can find. It has some accreditation issues that have been discussed in other posts. Essentially its national accreditation isnt the same as regional accreditation, its not a diploma mill though. WASC woudnt give them approval to apply for regional accreditation if they were. That doesnt mean you wont have problems:
1) Its not going to be worth much applying to a doctoral program thats not also an online Uni.
2) There are still a few US DOEs that require a Maters at some point (such as NY) and this degree wont meet their requirements.
3) There are regions that may not recognize it based on its accreditation or that its online.
4) For purposes of salary scale its very likely to get you the advanced degree band.
5) Its IB sponsored, and there are some advantages in terms of PD requirements.

You might want to look at Uni.of Portsmouth. They have an M.Res in Education you could do thats only twice the UPe program and its entirely distant/online. For four times the coin you could do their MS in Ed.Ld.