Skiing and International Schools

ExpatinAsia99

Skiing and International Schools

Post by ExpatinAsia99 »

I'm starting to compile a list of international schools/cities that are close enough to ski resorts for weekend day trips. So far I have:

Chile - Nido de Aguilas - La Parva, Valle Nevado, El Colorado, Portillo - 1hr to 2.5hrs driving from Santiago

Bulgaria - Anglo American School Sofia - Borovets, Bankso - 1.5 to 2.5hrs driving from Sofia

Romania - American International School Bucharest - Sinaia, Poiana Braşov - 1.5 to 2.5hrs driving from Bucharest

Japan - Tokyo schools - Gala Yuzawa - 75min bullet train from Tokyo Station

I'm hoping for input from others in compiling this list. Any suggestions that I can add? Switzerland? Other European cities?

PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Switzerland.

Rutabaga

Re: Skiing and International Schools

Post by Rutabaga »

Austria.

MyLifeOverseas

Re: Skiing and International Schools

Post by MyLifeOverseas »

Check out the International School of Bern in Switzerland. If you are a ski enthusiast you might be interested in their winter school schedule. The whole school has ski school on Fridays. Not for me, more of a beach person myself. But my husband interviewed there a few years back and as much as I am a non-winter person, I thought for the right person that would be a dream job!! Just not my dream job, instead more of a nightmare. As long as you know yourself and what makes you happy!!