A little confused...

A little confused...

Post by Guest »

I posted this within another thread, but I thought it deserved its own....

It seems that many disgruntled teachers find this a good place to vent. Because many schools only have 1-3 reviews, I am left to wonder whether it really *is* a bad school, or whether a few teachers have had bad experiences (which can happen at the best of schools).

So, if a school looked fabulous from the outside, would you turn down an offer because of one bad review?
considering carefully

Post by considering carefully »

I would ask the interviewer about the comments raised in the review. If they yell, scream, dismiss you from their sight or otherwise overreact, it may tell you what you need to know about acceptance of criticism at that school, and whether you really want to work there.IF they are considerate and honest, they will answer and you can then make up your own mind, based on those two versions. There are always two sides to every story, and you can choose which one seems more reliable.

Sometimes bad things happen at good schools, sometimes disgruntled or antisocial people are miserable no matter what, and on occasion, the government or an other force intervenes in a school.

It would be nice, I agree, to get more reviews of schools that are considered 'wonderful'. I have to admit, I prefer to see what people say about the director/admin than anything else. They really set the tone and shape the experience. You can be in a hell-hole with a great director and be fine, or in paradise with a jerk and it ruins the whole experience.

Just my opinion!