Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potential

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> You had one singular source and
> misrepresented that you had more than one. You dont.


It happens to be more than one, as I explained already. There's only one person who knows how many sources I have and that's me.
Just as only @Thames Pirate (and perhaps her partner) knows how much of her salary she saves.

You however are just guessing, and you're not very good at it.
You're just a troll that wants to get a rise out of people, illustrated by the fact you haven't named the school that supposedly pays more.

PsyGuy
Posts: 9405
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am
Location: Northern Europe

Reply

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

No there isnt more than one, and if theres only one person that knows you arent it as your claim is that there is more than one source and there isnt.
I dont guess, and this isnt guessing.

shadylane
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 am
Location: SE Asia

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Post by shadylane »

So which school is number 1 in Saudi?

I'd always thought it depended as much on the school as the country.

secondplace
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Post by secondplace »

@psyguy

For the love of Lucifer, punctuate.

Don't guess by all means, but do punctuate.

shirley its not to hard...?

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Post by Heliotrope »

shadylane wrote:
> So which school is number 1 in Saudi?


According to my multiple sources it's Saudi Aramco, although I did my research on Saudi a few years ago so it is possible that it has changed since then, but the salary at the then #2 was quite a bit lower so I don't expect there's a new #1 now.

Some of my sources back then were people who worked in Saudi at the time and they knew very well how to rank the main schools, so maybe somebody currently working in Saudi can enlighten us.

PsyGuy
Posts: 9405
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am
Location: Northern Europe

Reply

Post by PsyGuy »

@shadylane

There are no multiple sources for @Heliotrope, their data is entirely a cursory review of SAs database.

It depends where you look and when youre looking:
1) BAE is at number one. For some of their projects an IT could walk in at £78K which is somewhere north of USD$100K and a cap of £97K before you get into leadership.
2) Tutors had a vacancy that was USD$196K/year for a 10 year old pupil which assuming a 6 year contract before they exit for a SLL diploma would give you USD$1M even after living a comfortable lifestyle.
3) There are a number of better paying position in the Kingdom that simply arent advertised on the IE circuit that reach 6 figures and exceed Aramco.
4) Even if using @Heliotrops data, they competently fail to monetize the OSH package. Its not just USD$73K, its USD$73K PLUS housing, medical, transportation, and place/tuition waivers. Which makes it 6 figures. Those benefits have real coin value.

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> There are no multiple sources for @Heliotrope, their data is entirely a
> cursory review of SAs database.

Nope, I have multiple sources. Also, you have no way of knowing, and I'm not sure why you of all people would care about sources as you very frequently refuse to name any of your supposed sources.
I've used ISR, Search, ISC, TES, a number of Facebook groups, and former colleagues that have worked in Saudi.


> It depends where you look and when youre looking:
> 1) BAE is at number one. For some of their projects an IT could walk in at
> £78K which is somewhere north of USD$100K and a cap of £97K before you get
> into leadership.
> 2) Tutors had a vacancy that was USD$196K/year for a 10 year old pupil
> which assuming a 6 year contract before they exit for a SLL diploma would
> give you USD$1M even after living a comfortable lifestyle.
> 3) There are a number of better paying position in the Kingdom that simply
> arent advertised on the IE circuit that reach 6 figures and exceed Aramco.

I was talking about proper schools, not 'projects' or tutoring.


> 4) Even if using @Heliotrops data, they competently fail to monetize the
> OSH package. Its not just USD$73K, its USD$73K PLUS housing, medical,
> transportation, and place/tuition waivers. Which makes it 6 figures. Those
> benefits have real coin value.

No, of course I didn't monetize all benefits. From my experience, when teachers talk about salary, they mean actual salary (the word 'salary' is a hint). Benefits are a separate category. Sometime housing is provided, sometimes it's a housing allowance instead. Unless the housing allowance is a lot more or less than you need to rent a place it's inconsequential, and in those cases it gets mentioned.
That's why I mentioned that the Swiss salary also has to pay for housing, as that's not normal for almost anywhere outside Western Europe when working at an IS. That's why when asking for salaries in Japan people often reply by also mentioning that the housing allowances paid by Japanese ISs are usually too low, since it will affect your salary, where normally in most other countries it doesn't.

And if you want to go beyond salary, and monetize housing, health care, tuition, etc., then a lot of schools in a lot of countries offer 6 figures, but whats the point of doing that - it's about how much you can save.

PsyGuy
Posts: 9405
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am
Location: Northern Europe

Reply

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

No you dont, you have the one previously mentioned source.
Those are proper ISs.
Most of the WE doesnt provide housing.
Yes its about how much you can save, thats why monetizing housing matters its real coin you dont have to spend on a place to live thats available to save.
No, most (the vast majority) of ISs would not provide 6 figures.

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> No you dont, you have the one previously mentioned source.

I'm interested to hear what makes you so certain, as I do have multiple sources.
Again, the fact that my answer showed I used a particular source doesn't mean I didn't use my others. Those other sources just didn't provide a different answer.
So what other than guessing, and a desire to be an internet troll, makes you doubt me?


> Most of the WE doesnt provide housing.

Yes, that's what I said. Thank you for agreeing with me.
That's why it's frequently mentioned in topics about salary in Western Europe, since this region is different than the rets of the world.


> Yes its about how much you can save, thats why monetizing housing matters
> its real coin you dont have to spend on a place to live thats available to
> save.

In almost all regions except WE accommodation for an IT is paid for by the IS (either provided housing or housing benefit), so when people discuss salary they already know that that salary doesn't have to be used for housing, except if they're in WE (or Japan, where part of the salary is often still used for housing).


> No, most (the vast majority) of ISs would not provide 6 figures.

No, of course not. But a lot more than if you didn't monetize it.

Illiane_Blues
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Post by Illiane_Blues »

Maybe PsyGuy and Heliotrope should just agree to disagree once again?

However I have to say that when I hear a salary mentioned for a school anywhere but in western Europe I never assume rent will have to come out of that.

And Heliotrope, of course PsyGuy does not know how many sources you are using. You say multiple and even name them, so why would anyone think twice? Trollers gonna troll and PsyGuy is a troll. Trolls try to get people to respond to crazy things, they get off on that. It's sad but true. Do not feed him by responding to his stupid claims.

PsyGuy
Posts: 9405
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am
Location: Northern Europe

Reply

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

You do not have multiple sources.
Im not agreeing ith you, its not just the WE, its ISs in the US, CAN, etc. Its not just the WE is this one exception. There are ISs in Cambodia (IE Siem Reap) that dont provide housing either (the cost of western housing is very high compared to the salary).
No, it wouldnt be a lot more.
We disagree.

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> You do not have multiple sources.

As long as you don't say how you know I don't have multiple sources I'll just ignore you.
Your trolling is boring.


> Im not agreeing ith you, its not just the WE, its ISs in the US, CAN, etc.
> Its not just the WE is this one exception. There are ISs in Cambodia (IE
> Siem Reap) that dont provide housing either

Wow, that really drives your point home! I'll be sure to avoid teaching in Siem Reap.
My point was that when a teachers hears of a salary mentioned for an IS outside Western Europe (and US&CAN), they will assume it will be supplemented with either a housing allowance or provided housing.


> No, it wouldnt be a lot more.

Yes, we disagree.

PsyGuy
Posts: 9405
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am
Location: Northern Europe

Reply

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

Yes, your trolling instance of more than one source when you have only the one aforementioned source is boring.
They would be making a poor assumption. It doesnt mitigate that housing is directly worth coin that effects savings.

Heliotrope
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> Yes, your trolling instance of more than one source when you have only the
> one aforementioned source is boring.
> They would be making a poor assumption. It doesnt mitigate that housing is
> directly worth coin that effects savings.


That's not trolling, since I know the number of sources I have and you don't.

I'm not denying it affects how much you can save, I've said that.
My point is that when a teacher hears a school's salary mentioned, they assume rent doesn't have to come out of that except if they're in WE.

just.the.truth
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Post by just.the.truth »

Well, thanks for the answers everyone...and entertainment. Back to the actual topic.

I know it may seem risky, and probably ill advised by many, but what are people's opinions on working in Venezuela at the moment? I would imagine that one could save a lot of money given the current situation there.

Post Reply