European adverts?

mcfcok1989!

European adverts?

Post by mcfcok1989! »

Hi

I'm interested in schools in Europe starting August 2020, particularly those in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. However, I'm not seeing any vacancies for these countries - can anybody shed some lights on when the busiest time is for recruitment in these countries?

Thanks!
PsyGuy

Rsponse

Post by PsyGuy »

Peak recruiting starts in early January and finishes in Early February.The EU has a peak in Spring around April-ish.
mcfcok1989!

Re: European adverts?

Post by mcfcok1989! »

Hmm Spring is very late! Is there any reason for this? Does it apply to the more prestigious schools too? I have to hand my notice in by December, so looks like I'll be taking a gamble!
anomalous

Post by anomalous »

European employment laws are more in favour of the employee, compared to most of the rest of the world, so not as much notice required when leaving. Some schools get around this by offering incentives to decide early.
indogal

Post by indogal »

Some European schools will hire earlier. I got my job in Europe at the Search fair in London a few years ago.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@mcfcok1989!

The recruiting cycle in any AY typically starts in October with intent letters being required. Than November and December is Early recruiting once the New Year starts in January with the BKK fair thats the start of the standard prime IS recruiting peak, that ends in early February with the ISS fair. Then we move to sub IS recruiting which lasts until April where there is an EU peak in recruiting that lasts until early July. Then its the summer shuffle until August.
There are EU ISs that are part of the circuit that are mostly upper tier ISs that do follow the standard IE recruiting cycle, but because of various EU labor law and union regulations ITs dont have to give notice of intent until Spring or intent isnt binding if submitted before a certain time ow outside of a certain time frame.

Regardless you would be in the same position even if you were interested in IE globally as the peak season starts in January, so unless your a superstar IT and are a viable candidate for Early recruiting your going to be in the position of many ITs and thats having to surrender your current appointment and recruit with out the safety of a job.