Ghosted by School?

mistyknight

Ghosted by School?

Post by mistyknight »

Hello All,

I'm asking for a friend because I'm not experienced enough in international school hiring. A school reached out to her asking to set up sometime during the week to interview. She responded with a yes and gave them a day 4 days later and asked if that would work. She explained that she had work duties that would cause her to work late and that is why she is asking for any time after that date. It's been two days and the school hasn't responded to set up the interview. I told her she should at least reach out again by email. She's thinking the school doesn't want to interview her anymore and just decided not to respond.

Thoughts?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

You made them wait four days for what amounts to a 30 minute conversation, they dont think your serious, and they likely will be interviewing other candidates before that 4 days. This is easy though, just email them asking to confirm the interview appointment, if they dont respond they lost interest. The rule is when an IS wants you they act like they want you, if they are unresponsive they arent interested at this time anymore.
mistyknight

Re: Ghosted by School?

Post by mistyknight »

I didn't make them wait for anything. She legitimately had other duties. When we interviewed people in my department some asked us to wait more than 4 days. He said this week. She gave him an answer of this week but I will be sure to share your opinion.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@mistyknight

Those "legitimate duties" arent legitimate to them. If an IT candidate cant carve out 30 minutes in 1-2 days for an interview, thats interpreted as lack of interest or poor time management. There are ISs and leadership/recruiters that just wont wait. A candidates needs 4 days, great were going to interview other candidates during those 4 days. 4 days to consider a contract is pushing it, but 4 days just to talk, thats going to turn a lot of recruiters/leadership off.