Length of Response for Questions on Application

business88

Length of Response for Questions on Application

Post by business88 »

I apologize if this has been answered already, but when I try and use the search feature with the keywords it shows me all kinds of unrelated topics.

I am working on an application for an international school that alongside regular requirements, also has me respond to a few questions (i.e. how do you integrate technology in the classroom). My concern is how long should my response be for these questions - they don't seem to be essay like questions, but I don't want to not responses to be too brief but I also don't want to write way too much (which is my worry). If anyone has any experience with this, please help.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Length of Response for Questions on Application

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Not to seem sarcastic, but write as much as you need to effectively answer the question.

If you were verbally asked the question you wouldn't feel the need to put on a half day workshop on the subject, so don't feel the need to write an essay. Answer as you would if asked in an interview. Then, revise/extend to make sure you have crafted a concise but effective answer that puts your knowledge and experience in the best possible light.

Long story short: A paragraph, maybe two would be my best answer. Other opinions/experiences may vary.
business88

Re: Length of Response for Questions on Application

Post by business88 »

Thank you. They actually provided a box for the responses but the most in depth question had the same amount of characters as the other two and I had to edit my response a few times to fully express what I wanted and include all my points. I appreciate your response, I was overthinking it.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

::looking around for Sid::

How long is a piece of string?
It nes to be as long as needs to be and no longer. A line, a sentence a paragraph at most if you need a guide. I concur with @WT123, you really over thought the problem.