Certificates for teaching in ISS; ISS curricula

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

No, they are tier 2 because they meet the characteristics defined by the perimeters of tier 2 ISs along the rank ordering scale.

I rarely defer to the wisdom of the crowd.

We disagree.
Heliotrope

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> No, they are tier 2 because they meet the characteristics defined by the
> perimeters of tier 2 ISs along the rank ordering scale.

Seems implausible, as there are no official parameters for the different tiers.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

There are formal perimeters for all tiers including second tier ISs.
sid

Re: Certificates for teaching in ISS; ISS curricula

Post by sid »

Perimeters? Yes, generally.
Parameters? No. You claim to have them, but the herd does not agree with you. We’ve argued about it regularly. People have different measuring sticks and we won’t bow to yours just because you keep claiming to be the alpha and omega.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Sid

You may have meant "formal parameters? No." in your second line.

ell If the heard is @Sid and @Heliotrope, then meh. Even adding a significant number more, the heard isnt right by argumentum ad populum. ITs can have different perceptions and experience and as I have stated before an It can be happy with their tier 3 IS it can be the perfect place for them but its still tier 3, just as an It can be miserable and have the worst possible fit at their tier 1 IS, it could be the worst IE experience they have ever had but its still a tier 1 IS. I know you want to propagate the position as a member of leadership that every IS is special and has something to offer, and so tiers dont mean anything, because thats the leadership agenda.

Nor have I ever claimed nor represented myself to be the alpha or omega of anything.
sid

Post by sid »

Don’t try to speak for me. You get yourself into enough trouble just attempting to speak for yourself.

I believe in tiers. They are real, if somewhat amorphous. I just don’t believe you possess the singular and magic formula that sorts all schools into definitive tiers with which everyone must agree.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Sid

I was attempting to seek clarification, and I have no trouble or issue writing or speaking for myself. Nor have I ever claimed to have a magic formula for anything.

No you dont, you dont believe in tiers as they are actually structured, you just dont want to identify as a tier denier.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

If there are no official parameters (and glad that you agree there aren't), then it's that herd who establishes formal ones, just going by what sort of ISs most ITs consider tier 1, 2 and 3. It's also the same herd that the tier 1 list is based on btw.

Sid doesn't strike me as a tier denier, as deniers would never unequivocally say tiers are real.
sid

Post by sid »

True, but the venerable PG says I don’t believe in them. I suppose we must all accept that he’s right about that, just because he says so. Same as how we have to accept that he has the official parameters (or is it perimeters as he temporarily claimed?), just because he says so.
Isn’t that how it works?
What a lovely morning giggle.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

I never agreed or stated there werent official perimeters. There are formal parameters. We disagree on who the authority on those perimeters is.

@Sid

No its your extensive history of denying tiers. You give lip service to them so that youre not on record as denying they exist since this is a teacher and not leader forum, but you have never supported their existence or structure. hen you comment about them you agree they exist and then are quick to qualify that their existence amounts to little more than individual imagination.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> I never agreed or stated there werent official perimeters. There are formal
> parameters. We disagree on who the authority on those perimeters is.

Well, let me tell you then that there are no official parameters.
We don't agree who the authority on the parameters is, because there is no authority.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

We disagree, mainly due to finding your statement lacking in merit and unpersuasive.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

I was about to say the same.
We just disagree.
sid

Re: Comment

Post by sid »

PsyGuy wrote:
> I never agreed or stated there werent official perimeters.

Sure you did:
PsyGuy wrote:
> No, they are tier 2 because they meet the characteristics defined by the perimeters
> of tier 2 ISs along the rank ordering scale.

And then you did it again:
PsyGuy wrote:
> There are formal perimeters for all tiers including second tier ISs.

Frankly, you seem quite concerned about schools' perimeters. Perhaps you should consider a career change to surveying? Or is it a child protection issue for you?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Sid

No I didnt.
Nowhere do I use the term "official parameters".
I considered it, then rejected it. I prefer the parameters in edu and edu in general.