VP Packages

truenorth27

VP Packages

Post by truenorth27 »

Hello ISR Members

Looking for a bit of advice regarding my current compensation. I am the elementary Vice -Principal of a Vietnamese Bilingual school. We have around 500 students. We run on an international school schedule with 188 working days per year. I am curious how my package stacks up against others in the same position.

I have an M.Ed and principal quals from Canada. Single, no dependents. I have 7 years teaching experience and this is my 3rd year of school leadership.

My after tax salary is 60k USD per year. I am also given 1000 USD net per month for housing (current rent is 620$), annual return flights and health insurance.

Are there any other VP's out there who care to share their package. I am curious how this stacks up.
sid

Re: VP Packages

Post by sid »

You’re doing fine. Better than some, worse than some, but overall it’s a decent package for the job and context. Probably on the generous side actually, considering the small size and your relative inexperience.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

You are being compensated in your range. Nothing the matter with it.
truenorth27

Post by truenorth27 »

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Better than average for location and roles but nothing to drool over.
shadylane

Post by shadylane »

That was almost exactly my package as a classroom teacher at my last school.
truenorth27

Post by truenorth27 »

Thanks again for all the input.

I'm in my early 30's so I often wondered how much of I haircut I was taking for being a relatively young administrator.

You've put my mind at ease. Cheers.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@truenorth27

Youre not taking a haircut, your entering the leadership salary earlier and thus will climb it sooner than those leadership that entered later.