Professional Master of Education

chiliverde

Professional Master of Education

Post by chiliverde »

Asking for a friend - is this considered an actual Masters like an M.Ed? Do schools generally accept it on par with the traditional one? She asked me this question and I had no idea, since I'd never heard of it.
fine dude

Re: Professional Master of Education

Post by fine dude »

Have a couple of Irish colleagues who completed this course and our school (considered tier 1 by many and elite by some) had no problem getting them work permits. It all depends on where you consider doing this. I'd check with the local ministry of education/labor to make sure the said university degree is recognized.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Yes.
There are a number of edu related masters, in addition to the Master of Education (M.Ed), Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts Teaching, Master of Science in Education, Master of Research in Education, Master of Philosophy in Education. The Professional Master of Education is an Irish qualification that focuses more depth of practitioner development of practice as opposed to the more academic aspect of theory in other edu Master programs.
chiliverde

Post by chiliverde »

Thank you, everyone. Friend is actually Canadian and it's offered in Canada, if that changes anything.
IE_sciteacher

Post by IE_sciteacher »

The wording is technically Master of Professional Education for the Canadian option.

https://www.edu.uwo.ca/graduate-educati ... index.html
chiliverde

Post by chiliverde »

It's not consistent in Canada, it seems

https://educ.queensu.ca/PME
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@chiliverde

Doesnt change anything. As long as the Uni is accredited an edu masters is an edu masters regardless of what its called.