Police clearance checks translated?

TeacherGal

Police clearance checks translated?

Post by TeacherGal »

Is anyone bothering to have their police checks translated to English before posting them to their profile on any of the recruiting agencies?
interteach

Re: Police clearance checks translated?

Post by interteach »

Yes. There is usually a native speaker in human resources or another administrative office who will be willing to do so. Give them a thank you gift. :-)
secondplace

Post by secondplace »

A good tip I got was that you should ask when you get the police check done if the issuing office will provide an English version also. Some places will have official translators who do this, for a fee, and then it gets all the same stamps etc. as the original language version.
TeacherGal

Post by TeacherGal »

I have a checks being processed now I'm sure they won't be in English but I'll post them anyway. I think a translation might have to be done pro and stampeby a lawyer. all which costs money. I can't be bothered for now.
But good tip to ask when applying for an English copy.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Ive never bothered to have them translated, there always seems to be an issue then with authenticity and interpretation of the translation, even if done with the best of intentions under the best of conditions.