areas to improve

chiliverde

areas to improve

Post by chiliverde »

So my current principal, who is new to the school and new to the role, is filling out a Search reference for me and asked for my input on the "area to improve" section. Would be interested to hear what you have all put for another or would put for yourself on this? I'm thinking the safest bet would be to pick a PD area that I haven't covered yet, since it doesn't make it as personal. Interested to hear thoughts.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

No, you don't want to use a superficial throw away weakness or area of improvement. It sounds like the reference is repping there are no real areas of improvement, and everyone has real areas of improvement. Its better to pick something real, something you can spin in an interview, how youre working on, but keep the severity or degree of weakness very minimal. If a real weakness is technology integration for example, state you could improve on the meaningful use of technology in the classroom or you could approach lesson design around the use of technology in the classroom, but then minimize that by stating your lessons have always been well constructed, are pedagogically and methodologically sound and have been well received by students, parents and administrators alike and are well organized and thoroughly documented. So yes there is something real for you to improve on, but its neither a sever issue of professional practice nor is it fatal to the success of your students.