Salaries in UAE

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

AND "flights yearly, free accomidation, free education, visa and health insurance", those together with salary are comp.
Spawnboy99

Re: Salaries in UAE

Post by Spawnboy99 »

@ everyone,

I'm looking at the salary or even a realistic one.

Some schools will offer different packages such as free accommodation or an allowance or neither. Situated in the UAE we all know that you will be foolish to accept a job that doesn't include free accommodation or a very strong allowance. I know teachers that needed to live together just so they could afford to pay the rent as their allowance was so poor not finding this out until they actually arrived. Some even pay utilities. Of course in my eyes, I wouldn't accept a job at any school that doesn't provide free airfares for the whole family and if that is annually after completion of the first contract. Also, that school would be needed to cover health insurance, some form of pension, education for one or two children (some now first child is free second is at 80%) etc. So at the end of the day just looking at monthly salary as I'm aware that the others factored together would make the whole package over 6 figures.
Heliotrope

Re: Salaries in UAE

Post by Heliotrope »

Spawnboy99 wrote:
> So at the end of the day just looking at monthly salary

With the average (annual) salary being around 48,000 USD, you would be in a good position to live well, and save well, and likely you will be making more than that average with your experience.
Good luck with the job hunt!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Spawnboy99

The average is closer to USD$40K accounting for the ISs that arent repped by a premium agency and usually are the lower tier ISs with lower salaries.