DODDS

puka2

DODDS

Post by puka2 »

I just got am email to update my DODDS application online. I applied 7 years ago and this is their 2nd contact! For those with knowledge of DODDS, is it worth it-- paying taxes etc.? I have heard that in some ways that it is so good that they have big problems getting thier teachers to retire. What is so great? (I know that you don't have the Int'l kids and that can be a minus for many people--other disadvantages please). Is this really a better deal (financially and teacher fair treatment )? They hire in July and August, by then most other schools have hired and your shipment is on the way. What would your advice be if you were offered a DODDS job over the summer?
worldtravel

Post by worldtravel »

I got the same email, but I already accepted a post for next year at an international school. I find it hard to imagine that many people "hold out" for July/August hiring. Perhaps if you are not sure whether you are going to leave a state-side job it might work to accept over the summer.
Beemarcus

Dodds

Post by Beemarcus »

My sense is that most are offered April/May, which is still too late for many folks. But I doubt there will be many offered this year with so many schools closing in June.