Job security at international and state schools in Germany?

Thames Pirate

Re: Job security at international and state schools in Germa

Post by Thames Pirate »

Well, there you go. PsyGuy has spoken. Incidentally, you don't have to commit a crime to be fired once you have tenure. That was hyperbole. But it does take work on the part of the employer, and you would likely be paid until the process is complete. It is no longer at the whim of the director, but reserved for more serious cases.

Now watch PsyGuy agree with me or find the rare exceptional circumstance.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

Yes, you pretty much have to commit a crime to be dismissed after being granted tenure.
Heliotrope

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> I understand how forums work, I contribute and share to help readers and
> members continuously.

Yes, you very often help people with anything related to certification matters, which I appreciate very much.

But then there are also just as many topics where you're just being a troll: when you flat out tell lies, refuse to back up your claims with data, refuse to acknowledge you were wrong despite evidence to the contrary, or insult @Thames Pirate or others (your "Masters do not answer to novices" takes the cake), or just posting something irrelevant to the topic so you're the last to respond (usually around 50% of all topics had you as the last contributor, hence my 'ego' comment earlier).

I know me getting into this argument makes me guilty of some of the same, and you're unlikely to be convinced be others, so I'll leave it at this and will try to refrain from commenting on this topic.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

There arent any topics where Im a troll, I post because I have something to contribute based on my experience, research, or reliable and trusted sources.
Im happy to acknowledge Im wrong, when Im actually wrong and not @Heliotrope disagrees, or @Thames Pirate is wrong.
I post when I have something to contribute not to be last.

We still disagree you believe you have some role as arbitrator, that I have to meet your criteria, or regulate my contributions to your standards and expectations. You believe I should substitute your or other opinions for my own because of the claims of others. This isnt @Heliotrope disagrees, thus @Heliotrope must be right and @PsyGuy most be wrong, because only data matters.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

Trolls rarely consider themselves to be trolls - it's in the eye of the beholder.
I don't fancy myself to be an arbitrator, I'm simply pointing out certain aspects of your behaviour on this forum. You're free to post whatever you want, but then so can I.

And saying you say 'only data matters' sounds ironic when (for example) you kept saying rent in The Hague for a 3BR is €1900-€2500/month, even after I posted a link that showed 100+ results of 3BR in The Hague for under €1500 (of which 50+ were under €1250). That was data, but it didn't matter to you.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

No, you can be fired for unauthorized absences (extending a holiday and claiming illness, for example), directly defying supervisors' requests in a way that hinders their job, or for breaking public trust. None of these necessitate breaking the law. And that's for civil servants. International schools write their own rules.

Once again you are wrong. But what else is new.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

So I suppose if I considered you a troll, that would be the same position as your claim that Im a troll, entirely subject to my own perceptions.

No youre identifying your opinion and perceptions about my behavior on this forum.
Yes I am free to post what I want which includes choosing what not to post as well. You are of course free to do the same.

Because its €1900

@Thames Pirate

No, youre wrong, and we disagree, but thats just more TPF.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

I disagree with your "magazine", which is wrong. You should learn the difference between "essentially" and "absolutely".
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

You're obviously not familiar with the Süddeutsche.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

I am, its the south German daily newspaper, your citation is a magazine insert of said paper. I disagree with your magazine, as its wrong.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @Heliotrope
> Because its €1900

Only data matters, so here are 111 data points that disagree with you: https://www.funda.nl/en/huur/den-haag/0-1500/4+kamers/
All under €1500, most be quite a bit. 39 of these are even under €1000.
So how would you discount these?
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

A reputable source like Süddeutsche Zeitung will totally bow to the fact that you said so.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

Because its €1900

@Thames Pirate

As opposed to what some liberal south German newspaper says so. I only post from experience, research, and reliable and trusted sources.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

You are a liar and a fraud who posts from delusion. You may trust the voices in your head, but the rest of us don't.

A German newspaper would know more about the German system than a fraud like you.