50 and over can not be hired in Germany?

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

TPF = an acronym for 'Thames Pirate Fallacy', it hasnt changed.

I was talking about you. The baseline is that its possible, because thats what possible means and because its among other things true. They arent just semantics its data, valid data, thats congruent with the claims made.
Thames Pirate

Re: 50 and over can not be hired in Germany?

Post by Thames Pirate »

I know what TPF stands for; I was asking what the fallacy you attribute to me is since it seems to change based on whatever you are trying to argue at the moment. I am also asking why it's named for me (other than that you don't like me because I call out your BS).
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Also, your translation is off. The law states that exceptions may be made in extenuating circumstances, which are when there are not enough qualified applicants and these can only be found by granting the extension. Exceptionalism and special interest are not part of the equation, just part of Google Translate.

So where exactly did you get your certification recognised, and what did you provide as proof of language proficiency?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

Glad you continue to agree, which is exactly what I clarified when I wrote in my prior post:
"specifically when a shortage of professionals exist".
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Again, your google translate skills are amazing.
Heliotrope

Re: Reply

Post by Heliotrope »

Uhm, you initially stated:
"but you would have to be in the rare position of a civil service DT position in a German DS"

Then you said:
"Yes you can, it use to be 50 when the retirement age was 65, now its 52 with the retirement age moving to 67."

Your talk of the 'exceptionalism or special interest provisions' didn't begin until @Thames Pirate proved you wrong about your initial position, so you moved the goalpost to try and make it look like she didn't.

Anyway, neither of you two will be able to convince the other, and it's my guess that @Thames Pirate has convinced the majority of the rest of us.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Ultimately it's almost surely irrelevant to the original poster, who is probably looking at international schools anyway.

Hopefully the answer to the original question was helpful. Note that pension calculators also exist (not sure of the OP's command of German, but they are out there) to give a rough idea based on income and how long you paid in, so folks can check for themselves.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

Thames Pirate wrote:
> Ultimately it's almost surely irrelevant to the original poster, who is
> probably looking at international schools anyway.

Very true.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

No, @Thames Pirate is wrong, I stated in my original post that it was possible, because its possible, as @Thames Pirate identified with her own citation. I moved nothing, its possible because its possible. @Thames Pirate is wrong.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

Oh, I didn't realise you simply forgot (or for some weird reason chose not) to mention the "exceptionalism or special interest provisions" then, and only mentioned that you have to "be a civil service DT position in a German DS", until @Thames Pirate came up with sources which showed that being in a civil service DT position in a German DS isn't good enough.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

I forgot nothing, you apparently didnt read the ""specifically when a shortage of professionals exist"." in my previous post. Which isnt what I wrote that it would be a rare scenario within a civil service post, which is entirely possible. Unlike @Thames Pirate ho claimed its not possible.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @Heliotrope
>
> I forgot nothing, you apparently didnt read the ""specifically
> when a shortage of professionals exist"." in my previous post.
> Which isnt what I wrote that it would be a rare scenario within a civil
> service post, which is entirely possible. Unlike @Thames Pirate ho claimed
> its not possible.

Maybe first read my comment before replying to it.
If you had, you'd see that I wrote that you didn't mention that until AFTER @Thames Pirate came up with sources which showed that being in a civil service DT position in a German DS isn't good enough.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

I did read your comment, youre wrong. I didnt post that comment "AFTER" @Thames Pirate posted sources. I posted it BEFORE. Mine was number seven in the discussion topic list. @Thames Pirate didnt post their sources until post 13 in the discussion topic. Learn what before and after mean.
Heliotrope

Post by Heliotrope »

If you'd read my comments, you'd see that I was referring to you suddenly mentioning "exceptionalism or special interest provisions" and "when a shortage of professionals exist", in your comment immediately AFTER @Thames Pirate posted her sources.
You know, 'after', not 'before'.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Heliotrope

What you are referring too in your mind is not what I wrote that its possible to get a civil DTs pension and that it would be rare before @Thames Pirate, because all of that is true and specifically wrote "its not impossible" again before @Thames Pirate which is still true, because you know that was "before".