European non-EU citizen making a career transfer into PYP

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Vrstefko

I concur with @expatscot that within the humanities in IE Business/Economics has the highest demand and you have a very strong academic background in economics with a first/bachelors and an advance degree on top of a credential that has better utility than your resume as a primary IT hich is nothing, considering you have no teaching experience with any marketable utility. For a primary IT appointment you need every task role you do as a line item for your resume because without it you otherwise have a functional blank piece of paper. You need Teach Now an your field experience and your module work and whatever reference you can get from that, and be able to spin all of that into something convincing in a saturated field of primary ITs who have much stronger resumes, because without those you dont have anything to speak of your capabilities as a primary IT. Change that to economics with your multiple degrees and you could get a MA provisional credential in business by taking a couple exams and thats going to have better marketability than you as a primary IT and those exams will cost a 20th of the Teach Now program and take you a couple of days rather than an AY to complete (and you still have to take exams as part of the Teach Now program).
Vrstefko

Re: European non-EU citizen making a career transfer into PY

Post by Vrstefko »

@PsyGuy

Sorry, I didn't notice your response until now. It was on a new page, and I kept updating page 2 on my phone, so it went unnoticed.

Could you outline the way to get this credential? Or share a link if you already posted it elsewhere. I tried the Search function, but, you know... it's useless.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@ Vrstefko

You contact the MA DOE for an MEPID. This number is then used in place of a US SS# (Social Security Number). You then create an account in ELAR (thats th MA online application portal). You then schedule your exams which will be two MTEL exams Communication and Literacy skills (essentially a meds/peds/asst exam) and the 5-12 Business subject matter test. Once you complete those exams and have gotten the scores you ill start an application for a provisional business teaching credential. You will upload your supporting documents and if your degrees were earned/awarded outside the US you will need to have prior to all of this obtained an NACES evaluation of your degrees (the acceptable list can be found here: http://www.doe.mass.edu/licensure/acade ... lency.html). Once all that is uploaded and youve paid your application fee online you wait for the results and issuance of the credential.