Transferring License (PsyGuy please help me)

cjsusmss

Re: Transferring License (PsyGuy please help me)

Post by cjsusmss »

Thanks for clearing that up!
IntHopeful

Post by IntHopeful »

@intotheblue

Were you able to get a letter from OSSE and get QTS? If so, how long did that part take?
BocaNY

Re: Reply

Post by BocaNY »

PsyGuy wrote:

>
> UPe = University of the People
> https://www.uopeople.edu/programs/ed/
>

Would this be a recognized degree or taken seriously by schools?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@BocaNY

Yes, its recognized in so far as it will get you on the advanced salary band on an ISs pay scale. There would be some applications here it wouldnt be acceptable but for practical purposes in IE its a serious masters qualification (it also meets all of the appropriate IB PD requirements). Its main benefit is the cost, at USD$2600 for the full program its the least expensive option by at least 2 of the next least expensive option (Portsmouth M.Res at USD$6K).
BocaNY

Post by BocaNY »

So it would be a good option to do if one wanted to work at an IB school. Thanks for all your help PsyGuy.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@BocaNY

Compared to a generic edu Masters yes, youre getting the added benefit of meeting PD requirements but the rule is no amount of training equals any amount of experience. Most IB leadership dont even know what the IB awards are, and none of them believe that any type of training is s substitute for working in an IB classroom. So really the value is comparing someone with a masters and an IB award to an IT with a Masters who doesnt have an IB award, everything else has to be equal for you to realize any significant value. An IT without a Masters with a year in an actual IB classroom is going to be more marketable than an IT with Masters and an IB award and zero IB experience. Thats how much more experience is worth.