Bangkok Pollution

teacher tan

Re: Bangkok Pollution

Post by teacher tan »

Way too much fat, sugar, and sodium in Chinese food. People go to China thinking it's cheaper to live and save more. Not true anymore.

Several folks new to IT and from bottom tier schools move to China to break into IB schools, save a bit or even fund further education in the hopes of returning to their dream schools elsewhere. Very few realize those dreams.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@teacher tan

Depends how its made, you can certainly make Chinese style food that contains an excess of fats, sugars and salts. It doent have to be that way, a simple dish of cut vegetables stir fried in a little healthy oil with the option of some protein and maybe some noodles is quite healthy, even more so if steamed.

China can be much cheaper to live, the opportunity to do so is available there, most of those ITs that fail in their goals do so as a result of themselves and their own lack of fiscal discipline. China is still cheaper to live in then a lot of places, its not as cheap as it was in times long past, but thats true everywhere, no place is as cheap as it was.
mysharona

Post by mysharona »

China can be as cheap or expensive as you want to make it, which is a nice option. You can literally dine for pennies one night and $1000/diner the next night.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

e@ PG - pshaw! I can see Pandas anywhere these days. China exports them by the gazillions and the breeding is ongoing. But Pocky.... now that's a different story...
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@SJ

My stress ball is watching the baby panda cam at Happiness Village in China, but people love their Pandas (and their Pocky for that matter).

https://explore.org/livecams/panda-bear ... age-garden
JDK

Re: Reply

Post by JDK »

PsyGuy wrote:

>
> @JDK
>
> First they werent bogus claims. Second, even assuming they were in error,
> 2015 is 4 years ago, my sources and research has a high degree of
> confidence and reliability its not infallible. Ive been wrong before I can
> count them on my fingers, what isnt being wrong is substituting the opinion
> of some leadership and thaiophiles because they say so.
>

So you once again simply back yourself into a corner, double down on your lies and call people names (naturally by connecting them to the ultimate evil in your mind, school leadership). You don't have evidence; you simply make things up. This is actual evidence: http://bit.do/actualevidence. Unfortunately, it probably won't last long here on the public side.

Again, you SPECIFICALLY CLAIMED "The compensation range for [Bangkok] ISs (in baht) is 60K80K/100K (3rd/snd/1st tiers respectively)" and that "*IST pays just under 100K". There are just four examples showing how absurdly wrong you always have been...unless of course you want to continue doubling down and claiming that *IST somehow jumped from under 100K to 140K--at the very bottom of the scale no less--in a single year, and that the others are simply inventing their numbers on paper. (Incidentally, no they're not, since I have acquaintances who work at all of these schools.)
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@JDK

I only post from experience, research and trusted and reliable sources.

ISs do change their compensation policys from year to year and some of those changes are substantially bigger than other years.