Reposted job openings

Frenchie

Reposted job openings

Post by Frenchie »

Hi there
Can anyone elaborate on reposted job openings that seem to reoccur a lot in SA? I have asked my SA person and they tell me it could be they didn't find anyone or the job description has changed. I find it hard to believe with all the 100s of apps they couldn't find anyone, however, I suppose possible. It seems odd the jobs are reposted during the holiday break. Does anyone know if these are automatically generated reposts? I am trying to understand the system. I hear no news from applied vacancies but then will see an updated position posted. Anyone who can explain this system - would be most appreciative. Thank you.
mathman85

Re: Reposted job openings

Post by mathman85 »

Depends on the post and the school. Premier schools with IB HL computer science, math or physics vacancies expect highly experienced and proven (with consistent exam results) educators who can contribute beyond the classroom and not hesitate to don leadership roles. It is tricky to find who can offer both. Having been just hired by one such school in Thailand, I can say so. It also happens when folks back out from their offers due to personal issues or otherwise. My two satang.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Its not really a question of finding anyone, its that this is just moving into peak recruiting and everything before January is early recruiting and ISs are looking for their ideal candidate, they arent to the point of settling.
The vacancy posts are not automatically generated. Its not odd at all, its pretty standard, were moving into peak recruiting and ISs are refreshing their vacancies. Its possible the JD has changed but it would have to change substantially for it to warrant or make a difference in recruiting. SLL to whole school for example would warrant a change, additional teaching subjects would warrant a change, anything bigger than that such as TLR or some leadership (HOD, Coordinator) would warrant a change. Aside from that many ISs use the same JDs for years, and everyone pretty much understands what an IT role is.

If your applying, and their posting vacancies, and not replying to you, they just arent interested. That can change, but thats what it is.