ISS, Search or both? Bangkok 2020

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Helen Back

Who is going to read this note and write it down somewhere, and then do what with it? Fairs are busy times, recruiters dont have time to keep track of things like that when they have F2F candidates in front of them. You can try to make advance interviews or even first nite interviews, and see what interest you get but the whole benefit of being first is being there to be first, otherwise its just going to be a 'stop by our table at SA BKK' , in which case all your plan really is is a soft invite for first night recruiting ""if you really really really like us where available to talk the day/night before signup"", which you dont need ISS for at all to do that.

@WT123

It was in a different post where @walter had said if id didnt come clean it would doom my career in IE (but I group the posts of the League of PsyGuy Nemesis together).
How IE has come along and how this forum has shaped the direction of IE. Back then recruiters depended so much on keeping ITs and candidates in the dark.

I havent changed my view, but Ive grown since then and am just ever more firm in my position that Im not going to substitute my experience for someone elses experience because theirs is different than mine and they say so. I reply 'we disagree' a lot more often.

@Thames Pirate

If you always want to be right you have to always be willing to change your mind. I make assessments based on data and sometimes the data changes and is persuasive. I think that thread is one of the most viewed threads on the forum.

@Walter

Bunk, Ive supported and recommended SA when appropriate, and successfully how to manipulate the recruiting system AND continue to be a in good standing and registered with SA.
Thames Pirate

Re: Reply

Post by Thames Pirate »

PsyGuy wrote:

> the League of PsyGuy Nemesis

Do we get capes and sidekicks?
Walter

Re: ISS, Search or both? Bangkok 2020

Post by Walter »

Oh Dave, I don't know whether the "League of PsyGuy Nemesis" is paranoia or overweening self-importance, but funnily enough I was reading one of my Christmas presents - "Mythos" by Steven Fry. There, in the second chapter, he writes about our dear friend, Nemesis:

“Strife’s sister, NEMESIS, was the embodiment of Retribution, that remorseless strand of cosmic justice that punishes presumptuous, overreaching ambition the vice that the Greeks called hubris. NEMESIS has elements in common with the eastern idea of karma, and we use her today to suggest the fateful, retributive opposition the lofty and wicked will one day meet and which will bring them down.”

Perhaps I'm being vain, but I do see myself and my fellow detractors as part of the "remorseless strand of cosmic justice" and as "fateful, retributive opposition". Meanwhile, "presumptuous" and "overreaching" both hit the mark pretty well as descriptors. To be fair to you, Dave, I think "wicked" is going a bit too far, and as for "lofty", I always thought SMS was your inspiration...
Illiane_Blues

Re: ISS, Search or both? Bangkok 2020

Post by Illiane_Blues »

wrldtrvlr123 wrote:
> Actually it was a poster named Hawkeye that claimed to have found PG's
> Search profile and was threatening to expose him. It all kicked off in this
> epic thread (sorry if someone posted this link recently):
>
> https://internationalschoolsreview.com/ ... ted#p10302
>

Wow, that was a looooooong but interesting and entertaining read. It doesn't really start until page 3/4 though, but I'm glad I kept reading.

I was wondering: it seems some comments on the first few pages were deleted.
I didn't know that was possible. Did they changed the settings for the board, or am I missing something?
Or did a moderator delete those?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Illiane_Blues

Its a classic, it has one of the highest view counts of topics.

Its not possible anymore, the settings were changed to modify how edits and deletions were managed. There were other changes however, such as members who deleted their accounts, etc.

For a short time the public forum had PMs enabled as well. Times change and sometimes its why we cant have nice things.
Illiane_Blues

Re: Reply

Post by Illiane_Blues »

PsyGuy wrote:
> @Illiane_Blues
>
> Its a classic, it has one of the highest view counts of topics.
>
> Its not possible anymore, the settings were changed to modify how edits and
> deletions were managed. There were other changes however, such as members
> who deleted their accounts, etc.
>
> For a short time the public forum had PMs enabled as well. Times change and
> sometimes its why we cant have nice things.

I can imagine why it's a classic. It was already hard to tell fact from fiction in some discussions, and reading that topic didn't make that any easier.

It makes sense that they would disable PMs, as it might take away an incentive to join and access the member forum if you can just get send the information that you need from it by a helpful member.

I'm not a big fan of people being able to delete their posts, there should be a paper trail.
Edits are another matter though, as long as you can see clearly that it's edited and you can view the original post still.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Illiane_Blues

PMs were disabled well before there was a member forum, PMs were disabled because it was much harder to monitor spam.