ISS, Search or both? Bangkok 2020

Thames Pirate

Re: Reply

Post by Thames Pirate »

Illiane_Blues wrote:

> And why don't you reply to @Walter?
> Unlike you to not engage.

Walter knows who he is and has seen his CV, etc.
Walter

Re: ISS, Search or both? Bangkok 2020

Post by Walter »

@Dave: "...individual associates simply dont invoice for X ITs for those ISs to attend their fair." Dear old Data Dave - this is just untrue. SEARCH has no need to bribe schools to participate. I call you out as a liar or a fantasist. Prove me wrong Mr "Only-the-data-matters". Name the schools or name the Associates. Of course you won't - because you can't.

That said, Davey boy, I do stand corrected on one of your claims that: 'ISS and SA have "filters"'. SA certainly filtered you out of their organization quite a few years ago, didn't they? As I remember, you threatened legal action, but that was just more bluster wasn't it?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@ Illiane_Blues

We disagree, Im unable to reconcile your experience with mine. Happy everything works so swimmingly for you though.

@Thames Pirate

@Walter has no clue who I am and has never seen my resume.

@Walter

I am a full member of both SA and ISS
Illiane_Blues

Post by Illiane_Blues »

@PsyGuy

Yes we do, but we can't always agree of course.
Too bad it didn't go swimmingly for you btw.

@Thames Pirate
@Walter

Good to know.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Illiane_Blues

I just dont buy your secret to successfully identifying a good IS is emailing or FB with other ITs, its just gone wrong to often too to many ITs and this site is proof of that.
Illiane_Blues

Re: Reply

Post by Illiane_Blues »

It's ISR, Googling, using your network, and approaching current teachers at the school. Usually at least two of those methods will get you a result that will tell you something useful.
And it's not a secret, it's common sense. More than a few other teachers I've talked to do it as well.
You don't know if 'it' has gone wrong too often, if by 'it' you mean 'my' method. The ITs posting horror stories on ISR might not have done enough (or any) research before accepting a job, and schools can change for the worse with new admin as well. I'm sometimes flabbergasted at how some teachers just accepted a job at a school based on location or pay alone.
And you don't have to 'buy' it, you can choose not to.
Walter

Post by Walter »

"@Walter has no clue who I am and has never seen my resume.

@Walter

I am a full member of both SA and ISS"

Dave, that's four lies in two sentences. You were found out years ago because of posts on the DODEA chat site and because of revelations you made on this board about your so-called skills. People can check back on Dave's contributions - if you can bear the thought of wading through acres of tosh. As for SEARCH, we both know what happened and why.

More important, though, is the challenge I made and which you have, of course, avoided:
"@Dave: "...individual associates simply dont invoice for X ITs for those ISs to attend their fair." Dear old Data Dave - this is just untrue. SEARCH has no need to bribe schools to participate. I call you out as a liar or a fantasist. Prove me wrong Mr "Only-the-data-matters". Name the schools or name the Associates. Of course you won't - because you can't. "

People have wondered in the past why I am so unkind to Dave. The thing is I think he provides a service to some people. If anyone wishes to know the most recondite information about how to qualify as a teacher in Rwanda, Dave is your man. He has an intimate relationship with Mr Google and is prepared to look up anything and everything. What concerns me is the way he poses as "the expert" on every issue in international education, his predilection for dismissing contradictory views as "cheerleading" or "admin-speak", and his absolute determination to have the last word in every discussion. Neophytes to this site may well give him credibility and be swayed by his opinions (which he always presents as "the way, the truth and the life"), when in fact he has the sketchiest reputation imaginable.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Walter

No, youre the liar, you attempted to "doom" my career by revealing who I was under penalty of never working in IE again, if I didnt stop publishing the facts and truths on this forum, and here I am 8000+ posts later, because you never had any clue who I was, and still dont. You never found me out, I used to contribute on another forum for DODEA DTs and had the user name "Dave", and you foolishly think its my actual name. I use to think there was some poor guy who matched your fantasy criteria, and later realized you just made the whole thing up, because you cant discredit someone if you cant claim to know who they are.

Well I know Im a full member of ISS and SA, and you dont know what you think you know and most likely dont know anything.

Youre just leadership, your challenges mean nothing. This isnt your office, there isnt a line for you to call anyone before, my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great... You have no power over me. Your just some leadership with a desk plate and a swivel chair.

SA has a strong incentive to keep prestige ISs as being active in recruitment, this is why there are discounts. Top highly desirable, elite tier ISs dont need to recruit, they dont need agencies, they dont need fairs. SA is bigger but they are no different from the new recruiting agencies that need some ISs with reps to attract applicants.

Youre just the talking head for the LPN (League of PsyGuy Nemesis), your a fear monger. Its precisely that why I write both the facts and truth about IE for an audience that faces a wall of smoke and mirrors, where only leadership knows the answers, be obedient, follow directions, listen to only what leadership and ownership and the agencies say, fail herein and youll be doomed, doomed to never work in IE, youll never get to those palatial ISs if you dont follow the path we the leadership set for you. Its the wizard of Oz telling you to ignore the man behind the curtain.

I only post from experience and reliable and trusted resources, and you know nothing, I dont dismiss them, which is it, Im dismissive or always have to have the last word. What you really mean is i dont bend the knee to "admin-speak" and cheer-leading because only data matters not some leaderships appeal to authority because they (you) say its true. I dont have to "pose" as an expert, Im not like an actor playing a doctor on television.

The only fact is that your existence and contributions to this forum are composed of failing attacks, because leadership (you) are threatened. Your the only one with the sketchy reputation. I could not care less about what you or the LPN think or feel or believe.
Last edited by PsyGuy on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Illiane_Blues

Yes I do know your method has gone wrong too many times in the past. I dont buy it because its not accurate or reliable. Its the Thames Pirate Fallacy (TPF), the way it worked for me is the way it works/will work for everyone. Its survivor/selection bias. We disagree.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

Cool, PsyGuy named something after me!

Apparently the TPF is based on his poor interpretation of my claim. He thinks I said that confidence and a clipboard can get you a job; I said nothing of the sort. I said to apply regardless of minimums posted or expectations of working one's way up through his you-must-work-your-way-through-the-tiers belief because good teaching is good teaching, and good schools can often recognise that.
Helen Back

Post by Helen Back »

Hi all, Thanks for all the info and the entertainment (I was the original poster).

At the time I posted I had only seen the ISS 2019 school list, not the Search one. Having now seen both, Search looks much more attractive, although the more coverage we can get, the better.

We have both previously been signed up for Schrole and Search, so these profiles just need a bit of updating for 2020. We don't live in Bangkok, but close enough that we could get there fairly easily and cheaply.

So, how would this be for a plan, we re-sign with Schrole and Search and apply to go to the Search fair. We add a note to our Schrole applications to say that although we won't be at the ISS fair, we would be happy to meet on the weekend of the fair. This happens to still be our winter holiday, so, easy for us to arrange.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

I would do something like that, but maybe add in that if there are schools you REALLY want at ISS, then see if you can go to at least the signup session or the social or the school presentation where you are almost sure to meet face to face. But don't try to do too much at ISS--just hit your target schools in a way that won't make you crazy. But your overall plan makes sense to me.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Actually it was a poster named Hawkeye that claimed to have found PG's Search profile and was threatening to expose him. It all kicked off in this epic thread (sorry if someone posted this link recently):

https://internationalschoolsreview.com/ ... ted#p10302

It went back and forth and hither and yon and out there and back around again, but it was quite amusing and intriguing in it's day and worth a read/re-read.

It was interesting to re-read some of the posts (to me anyway) and see the evolution of thoughts and attitudes from some posters who are still around (and the things that never change).

At one point PG posted, "There is no more valid rational then my own experience". I'm not sure if that means he has changed his beliefs since he has chided posters for saying essentially similar things but it was an amusing walk down memory lane.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

You assume PsyGuy has firm beliefs when we all know he changes his opinions readily if it means he can disagree with certain posters or appear more knowledgeable than those who have already posted. I have read that thread, and it is epic.
Walter

Post by Walter »

And it was his scathing comments on this site about his Associate, together with some sketchy advice about how to cheat recruiters, that got him canned from SEARCH.