How do couple interviews go?

monkeycat

How do couple interviews go?

Post by monkeycat »

My partner and I are attending a fair for the first time next month. We're curious about couple interviews and how they work. Do they usually expect you to answer each question separately? Or can a couple take turns answering some of the questions? How does it differ from a regular one-on-one interview? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thames Pirate

Re: How do couple interviews go?

Post by Thames Pirate »

They will tell you what they expect. Each recruiter is different, and they know what they want for each job. Sometimes we were asked different questions, sometimes they asked a question either could answer, and sometimes they wanted both to answer. It really depended on the recruiter, the jobs, etc. but it was always made clear.
rake

Post by rake »

You may also conduct separate interviews with two different school representatives at the same time, particularly if you teach different school levels. We had two interviews separately with respective admin for a school, and then had a joint interview to discuss HR materials like salary scale and benefits.
sid

Post by sid »

Completely concur.
Can be a joint interview, with some individual questions, some for both to take a stab at, and some for anyone to grab.
Or separate interviews entirely. (In this case, often the second interview is joint, as you'd be discussing offers etc.)
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I Concur, though I disagree with @Thames Pirate that it will always be made clear to you, just as many recruiters/leadership make it up as they go along.
monkeycat

Post by monkeycat »

Thanks for the replies everyone!