resume question about cert from TR

dragoncita

resume question about cert from TR

Post by dragoncita »

I'm getting a teaching credential from Teacher Ready. What would be the best way to put this on my resume? That is, I have a list of Education and Qualifications, and I want to add something like

2019 -- Candidate for Teaching Certification from Florida Department of Education (in process).

Any suggestions?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Just like that sounds fine, maybe shorten it too "Florida Teaching Certificate" and include the subject area or if you are using it the way you have described include the subject areas(s) as a bullet point if you have more than one.
I would change process to progress. You dont need "candidate" if you use in progress.
cms989

Re: resume question about cert from TR

Post by cms989 »

I would try to estimate when you will have the certificate, schools will want to know you have it for visa reasons. I just put the certificate as it would appear if I had it, and then 'expected March 2019' or whatever the case may be, in place of the date.

Keep in mind it can be a slow process actually getting the certificate after you finish, 3-5 months depending on when you take your tests and where you're located. Maybe shorter if you're lucky and have all your ducks in a row