Cheap and easy (online) Masters?

Heliotrope

Cheap and easy (online) Masters?

Post by Heliotrope »

Asking for a friend.
She is going to be working at an international school where having a Masters leads to a huge pay raise.

Any recommendations for a cheap and easy (online) Masters-education?

She's a Maths teacher (as most of my friends are, I just realised), although not sure if it matters to schools what Masters you have?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

There are a few ISs where the subject of the Masters matters. In these ISs they want the Masters in an appropriate subject to what the ITs professional responsibilitys are. Usually these are ISs that are attached to a Uni and edu Masters arent acceptable to them. Beyond that for salary step, the vast majority of ISs dont care what the subject of the Masters is in. You do find, which isnt uncommon, ISs that require a Masters in Ed.Ld or similar for positions in senior or executive Leadership, or a subject matter Masters for a director level appointment (IE. Director of Technology requires a technology related Masters).

I recommend Uni. Portsmouth in the UK, they have two distance/online programs in Edu. A M.Sc in Ed.Ld that is 2 years and an M.Res in Ed. that can be done in 1 or 2 years. Regardless of the program and time frame the degrees are £4500 for the entire program (about USD$6K).
purpletreefrog

Re: Cheap and easy (online) Masters?

Post by purpletreefrog »

Which country is your friend from? That will make a big difference. If she's Australian I have a recommendation. But if she's not Australian it won't be cheap.