school closing and how it affects your cv

shopaholic

school closing and how it affects your cv

Post by shopaholic »

I just learned that not one but two of the schools where I have worked is closed. Does anybody know if this will affect my ability to get a visa in a WE country? I don't have contact info from anybody at one of the closed schools.
sid

Re: school closing and how it affects your cv

Post by sid »

I might be missing something, but I don't see how it would impact anything. Visas are generally based on qualifications, police clearance and legit contract. What specifically are you worried about?
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic »

I thought they contacted each place where you said you've worked? I hadn't realized one of the schools I worked at years ago had closed, and have no contact info from that year, so this worried me.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

If you were with Search, you will still have those confidential references form admin in your file unless you haven't been active in ages. You might also still have those old reference letters - I digitized mine years ago. This stuff happens - you should have current work history as well, which is what your current prospective schools will care about the most.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

This wont effect your ability to get a visa in the WE, immigration wont contact previous employers unless their is a return on Interpol or other CRB database. They generally leave that type and level of vetting to the ISs leadership.