Praxis PLT exam and teach now

intotheblue

Praxis PLT exam and teach now

Post by intotheblue »

Hi,

I am about to start the teach now program and I have a questions about taking Praxis PLT exam.
I passed praxis core and praxis subject test before starting the program on my first try.

Is it possible to take the Praxis PLT exam in the middle of the teach now program?

My program would end in January, so I am thinking of taking it in late July or early August and then in December in case I don't pass it on my first try.

In other words, is it possible fail PLT exam on the first try and take it multiple times?
I know I would be still in the middle of the program, but I bought myself a prep book for PLT and there seems to be online prep classes for this specific exam, so I would use those resources to prepare for the exam and try taking it in the middle of the teach now program instead of waiting until the end.

Thank you
caesar

Re: Praxis PLT exam and teach now

Post by caesar »

The PLT is incredibly easy.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Yes, its possible to take the PLT exam whenever you want, there is no "recommendation" or permission required to register for a PRAXIS exam. However, Teach Now will likely have an issue with it, and if you do it without their consultation and approval understand that your score on the PLT directly reflects the performance of how EPP/ITT programs such as Teach Now are evaluated by the regulatory authority. Your failure (should that happen) reflects directly on them. Further each failure counts as well. Fail three times and its not 1 candidate with three failures, its the same as if 3 people failed. That really reflects poorly on the EPP/ITT program. So if you pass its probably not an issue, but if you fail, it would not be uncommon for an EPP/ITT program to dismiss you from the program. An EPP/ITT program will typically let a candidate who was fully prepared do some extra prep after a failure and try one more time, but after that they are likely to dismiss the candidate.