The Sound of Silence - Waiting For An Offer, Rejection, etc

ap410

The Sound of Silence - Waiting For An Offer, Rejection, etc

Post by ap410 »

I made it to the finals for an admin position at one of my top choices. One of my references even told me that when they spoke with the school, they indicated that I was their top choice.

That was three weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything. I sent an email with a friendly follow up a few days ago and have yet to receive a response.

Should I be worried?
sid

Re: The Sound of Silence - Waiting For An Offer, Rejection,

Post by sid »

Maybe yes, maybe no.
Either it means something or it doesn't, and from out here there's no way to tell. You can envision the possibilities - extremely slow due diligence, school holiday, director at a conference, HR Director has influenza A, BOG meeting not until next week, etc etc. Or they went a different direction.
While you wait, keep working your other options. Apply to everything of interest until that wonderful day when you can email them all with the news that you're officially off the market.
reisgio

Re: The Sound of Silence - Waiting For An Offer, Rejection,

Post by reisgio »

It's over.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

What do you expect them to say to your ref. youre their bottom choice? The rule is when an IS wants you they act like they want you. They dont play hard to get.

So its now been a month and youve heard nothing? Well you werent their top choice, they already did due diligence and they have someone else or several someone elses and your lower on the list. Someone else has probably already accepted and theyre doing all the background verification and waiting for ownerships announcement until they close the vacancy.