Changing Associates? (Search)

Lastname_Z

Changing Associates? (Search)

Post by Lastname_Z »

So I'm trying to set up my application for Search Associates now in advance of the 2018-19 hiring year. I had a Search Account in the past, but never used it (straight out of teacher's college I was not competitive enough, it was a bad decision at the time). All my information from that has been archived and I still have the same associate.

I'd like to change my associate to someone else (who has been very helpful and supportive for one of my colleagues so I know I can trust them). How do I go about doing this? Will it cause any issues for me?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Either express to your associate you would like to work with a different associate and see what they say or just make a new profile with the associate you want. You would likely have to provide new or at least recent refs anyway.
Lastname_Z

Re: Changing Associates? (Search)

Post by Lastname_Z »

Thanks PsyGuy. I have been working on getting new references added to the old account now (should have at least 4 admin people plus a parent reference added by the end of the semester). Do you think it's an issue that the old references (some of them from associate teachers) are still there? Is it necessary to delete them? Or can I just leave them there and most admin won't be looking at those anyway.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Lastname_Z

Its not a problem that they are still there, you an keep them if you wish. Though if you go the route of a new account with a new associate you will have to resubmit all the current ones over again.