Recruiting over break

cam2016

Recruiting over break

Post by cam2016 »

Hello, I noticed that some of the schools are starting to go on break now. Do you expect to hear responses over break or generally do they not reply again until after break?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Generally not until after the holiday (leadership need their time off too). Its usually the first week before the BKK super fair which starts the 5th of January that things start happening. Before that its still ISs and recruiters arranging final first night recruiting with preferred candidates. There is activity from lower third ISs trying to scramble and sign candidates before peak recruiting happens and they know what their value is, since most of those ISs dont put much energy into recruiting until around the BOS and SF fairs.
cam2016

Re: Recruiting over break

Post by cam2016 »

Thanks, PsyGuy for the response!
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

all except one of our offers came between dec. 12-dec. 31. maybe that's an anomaly.

good luck!

v.
Candycane

Post by Candycane »

I’ve had several interviews during the break. Some of these interviews were the week of Dec 11 and 18. I received an offer the week of Dec 18. I’ve had two interviews the week of Jan 1. The school that made an offer is not a top tier school and is attending Search BKK Jan 8th. The school I have been interviewing with in Dec and Jan is a top tier school. I’m hoping for an offer from them before the BKK fair Jan 8th.