No response from Associate?

cam2016

No response from Associate?

Post by cam2016 »

Okay, I used Search Associates for my previous job search, which landed me in my current IS. Now I'm looking for a different position for next year. Everything is updated in my SA profile and I've reached out to my Associate to reactive my account, but I haven't received any response. It's going on a week now. I did receive a contact from someone else in the company that just said it would be forwarded to my Associate, again with no response.

Is this odd? I'm not trying to rush people, but I feel like this is really peak time and delays now could have me missing out on potential opportunities.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: No response from Associate?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

It's a little odd but not that unusual for Search. The whole individual associate concept really lends itself to either good, personalized service (in theory, in a perfect world, etc.) or being neglected, isolated, etc., all depending on who your agent is and what's happening in their life at any given moment.

Keep trying and firing off emails until someone gets back to you that can help you.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Concur with @WT123, a week isnt too unusual depending on who your associate is and whats going on in their life at the moment. Id give it no more than another week, and then contact HQ to get things moving, and Id keep up the emails to your associate. Squeaky wheels get the oil, sometimes.
cam2016

Post by cam2016 »

Thanks, I will just keep checking on it. Does anyone have a work around to view openings in the meantime, short of going to each individual school website?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@cam2016

It would pretty much ruin their business model if there was. If coin isnt an issue and youre ready to go, you can always create a new profile with another associate who is more responsive.
Justhefacts

Post by Justhefacts »

For some reason Psyguy isn't telling you that since SA got you your last job they have fulfilled their obligation to you. You will not be reactivated until you pay another fee. Read the fine print about which Psyguy very truthfully informed me. Good luck.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Justhefacts

If you assume that contact didnt include payment, I would agree but we arent there yet. Some kind of communication from an associate "Thank you for your activation request, you need to remit another fee before I can activate your profile and provide you access to the database" is in order
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic »

I think you should create a new account/register again with a different person.

My Associate has been answering my questions/responding to messages within the same day for the past week or so.
reisgio

Post by reisgio »

Ha! My associate hasn't spoken to me since Bush was president!
PsyGuy

Inquiry

Post by PsyGuy »

@reisgio

Which Bush?
star32569

Post by star32569 »

So when you register with Search someone helps you find a job? I thought it was just a database to see jobs that are advertised?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

star32569 - no - and yes. Your associate will answer questions you pose about schools, give you his or her thoughts, but won't actually line you up with a school. Think of your associate as a broker - and sometimes your broker will be very caring and other times not.

Me, I use Search for their database and fairs (if I have to go). I don't think I've ever asked my associate a question, but he has been decent about getting back to me on activation etc...
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@star32569

No SA doesnt help you find a job in the sense that your recruiter is sending out emails to HOSs and calling X HOSs to pitch you as a fit for their IS. They dont work or hustle for you. What you get is access to the jobs database, options to attend fairs and maybe a little bit of Q&A with an associate (of which associates vary greatly).