contacting schools through SA and through their school email

damok

contacting schools through SA and through their school email

Post by damok »

Hi,

What is everyones thoughts on this? Is it worth just contacting schools through the Search Associates email or should I also be contacting them directly through their school email (possibly filling out additional requirements in the process).

Do you think this is being proactive or being a pest?
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

Are you applying to a specific vacancy or applying cold?

Cold vacancy, just apply through the application portal. Replying for a specific vacancy then it depends, a lot has been written, but a lot depends on what the IS has set up on their side to handle applications (including SA). When a recruiter gets your interest email its really just a message that includes a link to the SA database, they arent 'getting' anything but they also dont have to manage the application locally. The IS may have filters in place to separate those SA interest/application notifications from those coming from other sources. So the SA ones go into one folder or maybe get flagged and everything else goes elsewhere, and maybe the screening/selection manager focuses on one over the other. There is no way to tell. My advice is do both. if they are interested whatever extra you include in your application may be valuable to them and may tip the balance towards their interest compared to what they can find on your SA dossier.
Smurf

Re: contacting schools through SA and through their school e

Post by Smurf »

For me, the golden rule is do whatever the school asks. I’d look at their Search page and also at their website to see how they prefer applications. If there are no specific instructions, I’d send a letter of application (with my resume) that clearly states you’re registered with Search.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

ALWAYS follow the instructions in the vacancy posting.