Schools on roughly a Jan - Dec school year

purpletreefrog

Schools on roughly a Jan - Dec school year

Post by purpletreefrog »

Hi All,

For various reasons I've decided I really want to try and get a job in a school that runs on a roughly Jan - Dec school year. I've got a few questions that I'd love answered if anyone has information.

1. Please let me know any international schools that you know of that run on this schedule. I've got a few on my list already but the more I have to research the better. (Please note, in lines with the forum rules I'm not asking for an evaluation of the schools, just a list).

2. Is anyone familiar with when the recruiting cycle for these schools runs? So for example, right now is the start of recruiting for August 2018. Anyone got information on when I could expect to see jobs advertised for starts around Jan 2019.

Thanks!
vandsmith

Re: Schools on roughly a Jan - Dec school year

Post by vandsmith »

i would guess september-ish.
i think some of the south american schools also do this, but maybe they have a march start? maybe someone can confirm that, but i seem to recall interviewing with a school in chile that began in their school year in march...

v.
purpletreefrog

Re: Schools on roughly a Jan - Dec school year

Post by purpletreefrog »

It's mainly South American schools I'm interested in. I'm perfectly happy with a March start. I've found a few S. American schools that have a roughly calendar year but I'm just putting this post out in case anyone throws some names out that I haven't heard of. The ones I've come across are names people have given me and then I've gone and looked them up - I haven't found any easy way to track down schools on that schedule.