Visa issues for China

thebeard

Visa issues for China

Post by thebeard »

So my school started last week and we had about 10 teachers not show up because of visa issues. (I've been told its way better than last year) They've been slowly trickling in. I'm curious is this a problem on China's end? Are other schools having this problem?
expatscot

Re: Visa issues for China

Post by expatscot »

No, not just your school, but virtually all of them. Apparently China changed the rules at the end of June with regards to getting the Z visa, and didn't notify the schools so they didn't find out until they put in applications. I got mine, but colleagues didn't and came in on business visas and are now in the process of getting these changed. (It affected my school and also schools which other friends went to both in the same city and in other cities.)
thebeard

Post by thebeard »

thank you. Glad to know its not just my school
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I concur it was mostly an issue with immigration and labor in China, there just wasnt a lot of advance notice to prepare and comply with the new regulations that came out over the summer when an IS is generally understaffed.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

Even transferring my work permit from one school in one province to another school in another province in China was a hassle for me this year. I thought it was going to be straight forward. Apparently the new system for work permits kept crashing in June, which was slowing things down.

This was a problem even at tier 1 schools in the country

Eion
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

I'm surprised our HR department is still sane, the changes in visa requirements has added a whole lot of work to be completed in very little time.