Best place for a couple with young child

Marija57

Best place for a couple with young child

Post by Marija57 »

It's the time of year when I am starting to think about looking for a new place. This year my situation has changed dramatically - I now have a young baby and my husband decided to take some time off from teaching to spend time with our child. So, essentially, I will be applying as a teacher with two dependents. After spending most of our teaching career in developing countries we would prefer to go somewhere more developed and safe as these years will be the first ones our child will remember. So, I am looking for suggestions of countries/schools that would be suitable for us. I am looking for a school that would hire me with my dependents and at the same time a place that would be good for raising a child. Ideally, it would be great if we could continue to save for retirement as well.

My teaching field is Science (IB Bio and MYP Science) as well as Special Education. I have also taught MYP Math and DP Maths Studies before. I've been teaching for 10 years with 5 of those within the IB system.

Please, could you suggest a few schools that would be worth exploring in this job search?
Tyshine

Re: Best place for a couple with young child

Post by Tyshine »

Chadwick, in Songdo, South Korea. It is extremely safe, full of parks, and a great place for families. The school provides large apartments and hires teachers with dependents. The salary is also good enough to support families.