Search Associates...what else?

TeacherGal

Search Associates...what else?

Post by TeacherGal »

Aside from Search Associates what organizations do people suggest to use to find contracts? Preferably free. I'm staying away from ISS as they didn't to much for me years ago except lighten my purse!
Wonder

Re: Search Associates...what else?

Post by Wonder »

Teacher Horizons is free.
TeacherGal

Post by TeacherGal »

Thank you Wonder.

I might have heard of TIE, TIS, TES. Is anyone familiar with these?
Wonder

Post by Wonder »

TIE is good for finding listings, but it is not free and you have to pay an additional fee to store your references and to reply directly to the schools listed on the site.

I signed up with TIC but forget to check back with them.

I'm not familiar with TES.
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

TES - Times Educational Supplement (www.tes.com) - major UK-based educational newspaper / website, which also has a jobs section for international schools. Many (most?) do advertise there as well as using Search, etc.

Teach Anywhere is another one I have used - got both my jobs via them rather than Search.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

TIE (The International Educator) is not free but basic membership (for one year) is USD$29. There are addons for storing your references and getting notification.

Comparable some what to TIE is Joy Jobs they cost about the same.

TES (The Times Educational Supplement) is not a global web portal of what was once essentially educator classified adds from the UKs Times Newspaper. It is completely free to browse vacancies, and they are well ordered, however they are almost exclusively BS type ISs.

COIS (Council of International Schools), they provide a similar avenue as SA, you apply need to be accepted and create a profile. They also operate a fair as part of the LON mega fair.

Carney Sandoe Associates does international recruiting though they focus more an leadership vacancies they are free as well.

Daves ESL Cafe occasionally has third tier vacancies in EP programs.