Search Stats

reisgio

Search Stats

Post by reisgio »

I had a thought come to me today: how many "looking teachers" are on Search in a given recruiting season? I realized that I had no idea. I know they occasionally promote how many people go to Search fairs and get jobs at them, but I don't think anywhere lists how many use Search over the course of a single recruiting season. Is it 4,000? Is it 8,000? Is it 12,000? I have no clue. Do you?
scoobysue

Re: Search Stats

Post by scoobysue »

No idea. But I'm curious to find out, too. There must be lots of registered candidates. But what proportion of those are actually looking & applying? I'm coming up with all kinds of 'would like to know' things now - average number of applications per job advertised, application numbers to IB schools, to British, to American. Number of applications per advert by region, month, day of the week. How many successful hiring matches do they make in a year?
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

As of today, there are 5,224 candidates registered with Search. I have never seen any published annual statistics down to the level you are suggesting. At the end of each recruiting season they can tell you how many people have been placed, but to my knowledge they do not break it down by curriculum of the school or how many applications they have per position. It would be a significant amount of work.

I have a vague memory of receiving an email saying they had placed about 10,000 candidates last year, but I cannot find it.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I disagree with @Nomad, mainly because its inaccurate. The current registration number doesnt account for ITs that have already accepted contracts, and have been inactivated but who are still registered with the agency. It also doesnt account for candidates that are registered but havent had their profiles activated yet.

SA has a success rate of about 80% depending how you define success. ISS is just under 90%.

SA posted on their site news last year that they had placed some 10K candidates. This claim is inaccurate as it includes candidates that renewed their contracts as well as candidates that accepted appointments outside of SA placements.
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

Psyguy,

The number of 5,200 was the exact number of candidates whose files are active in Search as of yesterday. Recruiters can access that number. Yes, it does not include those who have taken a position or those who have started a file, but it is not active yet. I provided the number only to give the members of the forum a sense of the active members.

How do you know the SA stats include teachers who renewed their contracts. What is your source? Also, what is your source for the success rate of SA and ISS? Is it published somewhere?