international school serbia

scotty

Post by scotty »

I was wondering if anyone could share what they know about the International School Serbia, or the British School. I've heard Belgrade is a great place to live. Information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
wherenext

Post by wherenext »

Please, Please someone... There are not many jobs in my field, one of the very few is at the International School of Serbia... and of course, there is no review about it on the ISR!
If you don't know the school but know the country, do you think someone who has been living in Asia for 10 years would adapt well in Serbia?

Thanks!
JISAlum

Post by JISAlum »

What's your field?
wherenext

Post by wherenext »

French! (many jobs on Search, but not many schools going to London...)
teachingoverseas

Post by teachingoverseas »

I interviewed with the former director, Gerald Craig. The school seems to have a good pension scheme. I have only heard that it is not as expensive to live there as Prague. I have a predilection for eastern europe, but it is not everyone's cup of tea. If I were offered a job there, I would definitely take it. If you work there, please let us know how it is!
JISAlum

Re: international school serbia

Post by JISAlum »

[quote="teachingoverseas"]I have a predilection for eastern europe, but it is not everyone's cup of tea. [/quote]

Can you explain a little more about that? I've heard some good and some bad about Eastern Europe, but have never been...

Thanks
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

Eastern Europe is a wonderful place to teach but parts are quickly losing their label as affordable and are joining Western Europe as very expensive places to live. I know teachers in Slovakia that are losing their shirts as the Krown and the dollar head in different directions.