Qingdao

speedracer

Qingdao

Post by speedracer »

Can anyone tell me about this city?

Pollution, quality of the IB school there, etc?

Thanks in advanced
bombayrichard

Re: Qingdao

Post by bombayrichard »

Certainly someone that actually lived in Qingdao, as opposed to just visiting for holiday as I did, can offer a fuller perspective. However, as I see your posting hasn't gotten a reply, I'll post my two cents as a way of 'bumping' it.

I went to Qingdao for a week while living in Guangzhou (I also liked it there) and enjoyed the sea and more leisurely pace. The Tsingtao beer is brewed there and the brewery was a highlight. Some niche coffee shops as well. It's a place I would live, at least based on my experience. The air pollution was less than Guangzhou, which is less than the cities in the North (Beijing, etc).

Anyone that lives there or with more experience? What is the IB school located in Qingdao?
speedracer

Post by speedracer »

Qingdao Amerasia
whirr

Post by whirr »

I lived in Qingdao for a year, back in 2012-13. The new parts of the city are great, but they had not completed the subway system yet, causing trips downtown to be a frustrating experience at times. The expat community is very friendly and supportive. It's a very vibrant and welcoming city. I looked up the school's location, and it's in a pretty great part of the city. You aren't too far from the waterfront and housing in that area isn't too expensive. So long as you aren't living in the older part of the city, which most people call the old downtown, it should be a good time. If you do end up in Qingdao, I highly recommend that you try out the Sitting Bull restaurant.