Trailing spouse

alwaysadjusting

Trailing spouse

Post by alwaysadjusting »

Hello,

What are our chances of trailing spouse being offered employment at an IS? Particularly here in Asia.
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
adminpaul

Re: Trailing spouse - pre-counseling qualifications

Post by adminpaul »

This ISR Blog may be of help to you.

https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscu ... ng-spouse/

Paul l@ ISR
alwaysadjusting

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link to the blog post. I read it a while ago although it's good to refresh my thoughts on this. I am after fairly specific information for my situation and would appreciate any particular insights from forum members.

Regards,

AA
alwaysadjusting

I should add, my SA contact proposed having trailing spouse come to SA fair, to see how things go. She is not registered with SA and he recommended that she did not register. However he thinks having her at the fair may work out.

Anyone else done this? Curious as to how this worked (or not) for others.
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmycajun

Post by jimmycajun »

Shadowjack describes his fair experience with Mrs. SJ at the BKK fair a few years back in great detail here http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... php?t=2915

I would take your associate's advice and bring your spouse along. For those with trailing spouses, I think it is important to be transparent about the total package you are offering, which includes your spouse. Schools will want to meet them too as they will be part of their community. Maybe someone else can comment on the specific days/events it is more beneficial to have your spouse with you at the fair.
alwaysadjusting

jimmycajun wrote:
> Shadowjack describes his fair experience with Mrs. SJ at the BKK fair a few
> years back in great detail here
> http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... php?t=2915
>
> I would take your associate's advice and bring your spouse along. For
> those with trailing spouses, I think it is important to be transparent
> about the total package you are offering, which includes your spouse.
> Schools will want to meet them too as they will be part of their community.
> Maybe someone else can comment on the specific days/events it is more
> beneficial to have your spouse with you at the fair.

Thanks jimmycajun. I think I may have read that post by Shadowjack, but will certainly review again.

Yes, I would like to know which events are best to have spouse at: I will soon be asking my associate (SA) for advice on this anyway.
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alwaysadjusting

Hmm, reading Shadowjack's thread as mentioned above, it seems Mrs Shadowjack was able to stand in the sign up lines and request interviews? If Shadowjack sees this, I'd love to know more about this. I gather she wasn't a SA registered candidate?
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sid

Post by sid »

Only a registered candidate is allowed to attend info sessions and interview sign ups. There are monitors at the doors checking badges. Why not register?
alwaysadjusting

sid wrote:
> Only a registered candidate is allowed to attend info sessions and
> interview sign ups. There are monitors at the doors checking badges. Why
> not register?

When I registered for the fair, it asked my spouse's name and said a badge would be issued for her, allowing her access. I'll check with my associate regarding how much 'access' she is allowed, especially regarding registration.