Eagle Ridge International School in China

MidTMike

Eagle Ridge International School in China

Post by MidTMike »

I got an email from them as they are hiring for the fall. I can't find anything online about them. Anyone know them?

http://www.eaglebridge.org/

Address: No.9 Guoqiang Road, Zhenxing District, New Dandong, China
sciteach

Re: Eagle Ridge International School in China

Post by sciteach »

Looking at a website can tell you a lot.

First - it seems as though the website in English and Korean has not been updated in 2 years. This tells you straight off the bat that this is not a real international school. If getting international students was important - wouldn't you continually update your website?? For some people this is a deal breaker - for others it can be a good thing.

Second - this seems to be a for-profic school. I've not heard many good things about for-profit schools personally but some people on the forum state that they can run well. However - this seems to be a newer school with mainly a Chinese population. There is also a dearth of any pictures of info on kids from the school on the internet or the website. This is quite strange.

It might be ok but others might know more.
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

Have to agree with Sciteach, it doesn't look great. The town seems like a remote trading outpost for North Koreans. Seems a bit odd. Why are they recruiting now? Why are they targeting you? I would pass.
sitka

Post by sitka »

I've been to Dandong. It is a nice place to visit for a weekend, but it would be an extremely challenging place to live.

And that is putting it softly.
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

For-profit, IS for host nationals. Local leadership team, and management, and everything that comes with that. I agree with Sitka, Dandong isnt somewhere Id want to reside, challenging is definitely putting it softly. You would be living very literally among the natives.
They dont really have an international curriculum, and despite what they claim another school isnt an accrediting body, they are a local school.

How did they find out about you? Unless you applied through an agency or service Id be very weary about a cold contact.
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

It would be a excellent experience and these kinds of schools are like diamonds in the rough - its probably a well paid dawdle!
If I didn't currently have the greatest job in the world as a virtual teacher, I'd apply myself.